Mat-based is clearly missing and very difficult to generate functional movement of pulling or rowing.
Functional strength must include pushing, holding and pulling
With mobility and flexibility, students have poor grip strength and weak wrists and shoulders.
Most students initially become interested in Trapeze for spinal traction and passive backbends. They quickly learn that the functional pulling and grip strength involved in its use are equally (if not more) valuable and transform into a truly comprehensive fitness modality.
Students can work their shoulders, calm their nerves, and leaves class floating on air.
Trapeze vs. Mat
While many of the poses we do on the Trapeze look very similar to their mat based counterparts, the dynamics are unique. The Trapeze demands a great deal of upper body and core strength for even the most basic movements, such as getting in and out of the sling. It adds in the missing “Pull” motion lacking in mat-based classes.
Backbends and Shoulder stretches can be passive and more accessible
You are able to assume extremely deep backbends in a passive way, allowing you to safely hold poses for long periods of time.
- demands great deal of upper body strength
- requires functional core strength for dozen of postures
- builds grip strength
- allows for passive backbends and spine decompression
- increases space between lower vertebrae
Inversion therapy (look at the research and draw your own conclusions with practice)
Regularly reported benefits:
- instant traction on the spine (within two or three months)
- relief of backspin and possibly sciatica
- core strength development
- deeper backbends and more open shoulders
- functional upper body and full body strength development
Inversion therapy can do:
- increase range of motion, particularly in flexion and extension
- reduce herniated disk pain for injuries that are slight to mild stage
- add 1-2mm of space between L4/L5 and L5/SI vertebrae
- alleviate lordosis
- reduce or calm activity in spinal muscles (measured in EMG) Electromyo graphy
How it works:
Classes are usually held via Zoom video calls. You can join via your phone or computer. Together, we’ll work specifically on your health goals using many techniques to help to serve you. This is highly-individualized and designed to help you get the most benefits in the least amount of time possible.
Get started on a path to your best life. For more information on training options and to book an appointment, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or IG @sonyashieldsinspired_yoga
Please check out the following link for more information for costs and payment: